- High Level Coaching from former Pros
- Experience American culture first hand by staying with an American family
- Giovanni Setti: former Pro Basketball Player, Director
- Peter Ezugwu: former Pro Basketball Player and camp host
- Includes room and board with an American family
- Travel to Las Vegas and California
- Camp uniforms included
- English language lessons
- Attend the NBA summer league
- All day practice
- Basketball and Volleyball tournaments against American teams
- Includes uniforms, 2 shirts, and 1 polo
- Camp days include full day of training and activities
Dates and Details
Arrive July 2nd (Sunday) – Depart July 29th (Sunday)
- July 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th – Camp
- July 4th – Celebration and BBQ
- July 8th, 9th – International Tournament in Phoenix
- July 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th – Camp
- July 15th, 16th – NBA Summer League and Tournament at Las Vegas
- July 17th, 18th, 19th – Camp
- July 20th – College tour and training day at GCU or ASU
- July 21st, 22nd, 23rd – California trip with one-day tournament
- July 24th – Free day
- July 26th – 29th – Travel back to home countries
Sample Camp Day
- Morning: Wake up and breakfast with the host family
- 8:40AM: Check in
- 9:00AM: Practice – Individual Fundamentals
- 11:00AM: English lessons or other activities
- 12:15PM: Lunch
- 1:00PM: Yoga and relax
- 2:00PM: Practice – Team Fundamentals and Scrimmage
- 5:00PM: End of practice
- Following: Relax, dinner, free time with the host family
- $4000.00 per camper for the full experience, flight included
- $2750.00 per camper for the full experience, flight NOT included
- $1000 per week, if they are doing only single weeks (Flight not included)
- Does NOT include food on trips.
- Tickets to NBA summer league or any other events on trips are paid by the athletes.
Arizona Wildcat and Former Pro player and Current NBDL Coach
Former NBA Player
I live in Bologna (Italy). I am married with Daniela and I have two kids Riccardo (21) and Alessandro (14). I have started to play in 1983 when I was 14 years old in “Virtus Bologna”. I played professional basketball till 37. I continued to play non professional till 40. I have coached “Virtus Bologna” Under 19 team and now I coach “Happy Basket Castel Maggiore”. I also coach, off season, professional players that want to stay in shape and even improve their fundamentals. My greatest objective is to pass young players the great love and passion for the game of basketball.
Peter has been involved with youth programs for the last 20 years. He is a creative visionary with an expansive view of the world and an avid believer in creating opportunities for our children. As a successful community leader Peter is responsible for growing Future Stars, a community based youth enrichment organization in Phoenix, that has been responsible for providing guidance and mentorship for over 10,000 children over the last 5 years. Peter’s past endeavors include a 13 year stint as a professional basketball player, during these years he lived in Italy, Spain, France, Argentina and Bosnia. Peter speaks 5 languages and has used his international leverage to create opportunities for children across the globe.
Former pro volleyball player and captain of the Italian National Team that won 2002 World Championship. Manuela played volleyball until the last season. In her career bright 24 years in the first Italian league, rich in successes: three Italian championships, three Italy Cups, two Italian Supercups and three CEV Cups. With the Italian National Team, in addition to the gold medal at the 2002 World Championship in Germany, she took part to the Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics (the first Olympic Games in the Italian female volleyball’s history) and she won one silver and one bronze medal in the European Championships, in addition to one silver medal at World Grand Prix played in Reggio Calabria in 2004. During this season she’s training the U16 and U18 teams of “Pallavolo Volta”. Passion, dedication, self-sacrifice and humility are all features that define Manuela’s personality.
She is from Sassari (Sardinia, Italy). She began her journalistic career 17 years ago, working for various local and national sport newspapers and magazines, like, for example, “Superbasket”. She supervised two online newspapers: Pianetabasket.com and Isolabasket.it and she directed some sport and cultural press offices. In the 2009 she took part to the realization of the Nuova Pallacanestro Vigevano’s YearBook 2008/09 and, two years later, she contributed to the writing of the introductive section of a former Italian basketball player’s book (“Cuore, canestri e successi” – Stefano Albanese). Currently she works for various national press agencies and she is the responsible of GSD Porto Torres’ (wheelchair basketball) press office. She works for Future Stars for the fourth year.
Rita comes to Future Starts International with the passion and aligned vision to improve the prospects for our children through enrichment learning and mentorship.
Rita has a diverse business background ranging from accounting, operations, and project management to personal finance. Her love of learning and the desire to continually improve did not stop with a degree in business; she continued by obtaining several designations in the personal financial planning arena including a CFP designation.
This diverse background and skill set brings with it the ability to manage and execute a variety of business operations in multiply areas.